Yellowstone National Park (601 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Categories: 20th Century, 21st Century, 500+ Pieces, Contemporary, Irregular Edge, Larry Eifert, Level 3, Modern, New Arrivals, Puzzles For Her, Puzzles For Him, Summer, Travel
- Type: 500+ Piece Puzzle
Larry Eifert is justifiably famous as the painter with the most artwork in America's National Parks and with this stunning image you can definitely see why.
Originally painted as an educational mural in the visitor center at Yellowstone, it is crammed full of life and color, and gives a really wonderful depiction of what makes the park so special.
In the foreground of this wooden jigsaw puzzle, you can see the flora and fauna of Yellowstone, including the bears, birds and bobcats that co-exist in the park, while in the background you can see some of Yellowstone's most famous attractions - a herd of bison and the Grand Prismatic Spring.
Larry has painted landscapes of National Parks all over the USA but this is one of his most popular, which seems only fitting as Yellowstone is the second most popular park in the US. Second only to Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Here are some fun facts you may not know about Yellowstone -
- Yellowstone is home to half of the world’s hydrothermal features. Between hot springs, mudpots, fumaroles, travertine terraces and geysers they give the park its brilliant colors.
- Old Faithful isn't as reliable any more. You used to be able to set your watch by its eruptions but over the last few decades it has become more erratic, although it still erupts approx. 17 times a day.
- Bison rule the park, and you may finding yourself sharing the road with them as they cause traffic jams on a daily basis. They have been there a bit longer than the tourists as they have lived in the park since pre-historic times.
- One of the world's largest active volcanos lies beneath Yellowstone, although it hasn't erupted for 70,000 years.
- Yellowstone houses the largest number of mammal species in the contiguous United States. There are an estimated 300 species of birds, 16 types of fish and 67 species of mammals including grizzly bears, wolves, lynx, fox, moose and elk, and Larry has depicted most of them in this painting.
- Irregular edge pieces for extra difficulty
- Includes a bonus poster to guide assembly
- Number of Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces: 601
- Completed Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle Size: 23” X 14”
- Artist: © Larry Eifert
- Serial #: NP21-601-389
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Modern
- Difficulty: Level 3
- Made in the USA