Irises by Vincent Van Gogh (464 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Categories: 19th Century, 401 - 500 Pieces, Easter, Fine Art, Impressionist, Level 3, Modern, New Arrivals, Puzzles For Her, Puzzles For Him, Van Gogh
- Type: 401-500 Piece Puzzle
- Includes a Bonus Poster to Guide Assembly
- Number of Puzzle Pieces: 464
- Completed Puzzle Size: 15" X 11.5"
- Artist: Vincent Van Gogh
- Serial #: NP19-464-234
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Victorian
- Difficulty: Level 3
- Made in the USA
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle
Vincent Willem van Gogh born in 1853 was a Dutch post-impressionist painter who posthumously became one of the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art. In a decade, he created about 2,100 artworks, most of which date from the last two years of his life. Many of his works of art have translated into wooden puzzles for adults.
Irises was painted in 1889 during his stay at the asylum Saint Paul de Mausole. The irises were originally painted purple, but over time the red pigment has faded leaving the irises blue. In our wooden jigsaw puzzles you can see all the irises are unique and blue.
Tragically, Van Gogh died at the too young age of 37 without ever knowing the recognition his art would receive or that he is now viewed as one of the most influential artists having helped lay the foundations of modern art.