Doors of Ireland (501 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Categories: 21st Century, 500+ Pieces, Collage, Contemporary, Irregular Edge, Level 3, Modern, New Arrivals, Photography, Puzzles For Her, Puzzles For Him, St Patrick's Day, Travel
- Type: 500+ Piece Puzzle
Irish people call the language Irish. In Ireland, you may also hear it called Gaeilge, which is the name of the language in Irish, and sometimes you will hear it called Irish Gaelic to differentiate it from its Scottish cousin.
There are no specific words for "Yes" and "No" in Irish or in many other Celtic languages. The Irish dislike those two words anyway, as they are way too simple and to the point and don't leave any room for friendly conversation. A plain "no" would give the impression that the barman is not interested in a good old chat when good conversation is always on the cards in Ireland.
The Irish actually have a name for their storytellers. In Irish Gaelic, they are called Seanchaí and were revered members of Irish society. Every Irish person aspires to be thought of as one (and after a few drinks is convinced they are one).
Gaelic Irish is still spoken in schools, and there is an Irish News program every day in Ireland, but it is no longer active in day-to-day use unless you visit one of the Gaelic speaking areas in Ireland called "Gaeltachts.
- Includes a bonus poster to guide assembly
- Irregular edge for a little more challenge
- Number of Puzzle Pieces: 501
- Artist: © Nautilus Puzzles
- Completed Puzzle Size: 18” X 13”
- Serial #: NP22-501-471
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Modern
- Difficulty: Level 3
- Made in the USA
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle