A Friend in Need (150 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Categories: 101 - 200 Pieces, 19th Century, Fine Art, Irregular Edge, Level 2, Modern, New Arrivals, Puzzles For Him
- Type: 101-200 Piece Puzzles
Painted in 1903, this is the most famous of the "Dogs Playing Poker" series of paintings by Cassius M. Coolidge.
The series was originally commissioned by Brown and Bigelow to advertise their cigars. All sixteen paintings feature anthropomorphized animals but the most famous are the eleven images of dogs seated around a card table.
This painting is the one that most people remember, as it has been reproduced many times in popular culture and has appeared in countless movies, TV shows, and advertisements.
The perfect gift for wooden jigsaw puzzlers, dog lovers, and fans of quirky popular American culture, this traditional adult wooden jigsaw puzzle can be done time and again. Our puzzle artists have included many canine, poker, drinking, and tobacco-themed, shaped, whimsy puzzle pieces that match the subject of the painting, and we have integrated them in ways that will delight and surprise you as you put the wooden jigsaw puzzle together.
- Includes a Bonus Poster to Guide Assembly
- Number of Puzzle Pieces: 150
- Irregular Edge for a little more challenge
- Completed Puzzle Size: 11" X 5"
- Artist: Cassius Marcellus Coolidge
- Serial #: NP21-150-433
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Modern
- Difficulty: Level 2
- Made in the USA
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle
We also offer one of the other wooden jigsaw puzzle images in the series, Poker Game, in a larger number of pieces, here.