The Magpie by Claude Monet (490 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Categories: 19th Century, 401 - 500 Pieces, Christmas, Claude Monet, Fine Art, Impressionist, Irregular Edge, Level 3, Modern, New Arrivals, Puzzles For Her, Puzzles For Him, Winter
- Type: 401-500 Piece Puzzle
The Magpie was painted in oils by Claude Monet in the winter of 1868 and is his largest winter painting.
Between 1867 and 1893, Monet painted hundreds of landscapes illustrating the natural effects of snow. Art historians believe that a series of severe winters in France contributed to an increase in the number of winter landscapes produced by the Impressionists at the time.
The painting depicts a solitary black magpie perched on a gate with the light of the sun shining upon freshly fallen snow creating blue shadows. The painting features one of the first examples of Monet's use or colored shadows, which later became a trademark of the Impressionist movement.
The perfect gift for jigsaw puzzlers, Impressionist fans, and lovers of Claude Monet's Painting, this traditional adult wooden jigsaw puzzle can be done time and again. Our jigsaw puzzle artists have included many winter and Impressionism-themed shaped whimsy puzzle pieces that match the subject of the painting, and we have integrated them in ways that will delight and surprise you as you put the puzzle together.
- Includes a Bonus Poster to Guide Assembly
- Number of Puzzle Pieces: 490
- Completed Puzzle Size: 15.5" X 10.5"
- Artist: Claude Monet
- Serial #: NP21-490-358
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Modern
- Difficulty: Level 3
- Made in the USA