A Mermaid by J.W. Waterhouse - 288 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle
- Categories: 19th Century, 201 - 300 Pieces, 20th Century, Fine Art, Level 2, New Arrivals, Puzzles For Her, Victorian, Waterhouse
- Type: 201-300 Piece Puzzles
It has been speculated that Waterhouse's painting of A Mermaid (1900) was inspired by Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem 'The Mermaid' which includes the lines:
Who would be / A mermaid fair / Singing alone / Combing her hair.
Mermaids have always been a huge fascination. Endless movies, books, songs, and poems have been created about them. This painting was created to capture the mermaid's inner thoughts and the dreary reality of her inability to be human. Such a beautiful painting deserves to be made into a wooden jigsaw puzzle.
The perfect gift for jigsaw puzzlers, and Fine Art fans, this traditional adult wooden jigsaw puzzle can be done time and again. Our puzzle artists have included many shaped wooden jigsaw puzzle whimsy puzzle pieces that match the theme of the image, and we have integrated them in ways that will delight and surprise you as you put the wooden jigsaw puzzle together.
- Includes a Bonus Poster to Guide Assembly
- Number of Puzzle Pieces: 288
- Artist: John William Waterhouse
- Completed Puzzle Size: 14" X 10"
- Serial #: NP19-288-106
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Victorian
- Difficulty: Level 2
- Made in the USA