Beach Scene, New London by William Glackens (352 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Categories: 19th Century, 301 - 400 Pieces, Impressionist, Level 2, New Arrivals, Puzzles For Her, Puzzles For Him, Summer, Victorian
- Type: 301-400 Piece Puzzle
Born in Philadelphia, Williams James Glackens was an American Realistic and Impressionist painter. He is famous for his depictions of every day life in New York and Paris pre-WWI. He is also considered to be an integral part of the realist movement in American Art.
One of his later works, this painting is brighter in tone and shows the strong influence of Renoir and the French Impressionists. It was painted in 1918, on one of Glackens' regular outings to the beach with his family in the summer. He uses vibrant, decorative colors to depict the happiness and activity on a Connecticut beach.
The perfect gift for jigsaw puzzlers, American Art lovers and Impressionism enthusiasts, this traditional adult wooden jigsaw puzzle can be done time and again. Our puzzle artists have included many shaped whimsy puzzle pieces that match the subject of the painting, and we have integrated them in ways that will delight and surprise you as you put the puzzle together.
- Includes Bonus Poster to Guide Assembly
- Number of Puzzle Pieces: 352
- Completed Puzzle Size: 15" X 11.75"
- Artist: Williams James Glackens
- Serial #: NP20-352-298
- Wood Thickness: 4mm
- Cut Style: Modern
- Difficulty: Level 2
- Made in the USA